Six Entertainment Company, formerly known as Six Entertainment, is an independent film production company founded by filmmaker Tom Six and film producer Ilona Six. The company has produced a number of films over the years, including the entire Human Centipede series.
After beginning a career as one of the pioneer directors of the reality television show Big Brother, Tom Six co-established Six Entertainment with former law student Ilona Six in 2002. In 2003, Six Entertainment produced Tom Six's film Gay in Amsterdam, which was released in the Netherlands in 2004 and was controversial among Dutch audiences. In 2006, the company produced Honeyz, a Dutch film aimed at a teenage audience. The film was released in 2007 on a variety of platforms, including DVD, digital, paid television and even in select theatres.
In 2007, Six Entertainment released the Tom Six-directed black comedy I Love Dries, which starred Dutch singer Dries Roelvink in the lead role. The film was released as a novelty in the famous restaurant and hotel chain "Van der Valk" in 2008.
The company's first international English language film, The Human Centipede (First Sequence), was released in 2009 and has since received a cult following. Following the success of First Sequence, a sequel titled The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence) was released in 2011. Full Sequence became the subject of much debate and controversy, with the uncut version of the film having been banned in the United Kingdom and Australia for its extreme violence and graphic content. The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence) was announced soon after.
First Sequence star Dieter Laser signed on to return in Final Sequence. Eventually, Laser demanded that changes be made to the script, before outright refusing to play his role just two months prior to filming, causing Principal photography to be postponed. In March 2013, Six Entertainment Company announced that it was suing Laser. Ilona Six released a statement, "Because of the success of The Human Centipede, it seems that Mr. Dieter Laser’s ego has grown to laughably big proportions."
In January 2013, the legal battle between Dieter Laser and Six Entertainment Company ended, as Dieter Laser agreed to star in The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence). According to Laser, "I never ever would have thought that all our differences and misunderstandings would in the end lead to an even deeper and warmer understanding and appreciation of each other. In this regard, I am actually thankful about the whole fuss because it turned out to be an advantage and a wonderful present for our film and for our friendship." Final Sequence was released in May 2015.
Due to the controversy surrounding his films, Tom Six started a new distribution label in February 2016 called Blitzkrieg Distribution. Tom Six's earlier film, I Love Dries, was recut and released to English-speaking audiences in March 2016 as What The F**k. The Human Centipede film series ended in May 2016 with The Human Centipede (Complete Sequence) - The Movie Centipede, which was released by Six Entertainment and Blitzkrieg Distribution. Six Entertainment Company is currently in production of the psychological horror film The Onania Club.
- Gay in Amsterdam (2004)
- Honeyz (2007)
- I Love Dries (2008)
- The Human Centipede (First Sequence) (2009)
- The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence) (2011)
- The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence) (2015)
- What The F**k (2016)
- The Human Centipede (Complete Sequence) - The Movie Centipede (2016)
- Enjoy (TBA)
- I Love... (TBA)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 http://www.sixentertainmentcompany.com/#!about/c1ur0
- ↑ http://www.sixentertainmentcompany.com/#!tom-six/cwf8
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/film/2011/jun/06/human-centipede-sequel-bbfc
- ↑ http://refused-classification.com/censorship/films/human-centipede-2-full-sequence-2011.html
- ↑ http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/32307/human-centipede-lawsuit-slithers-forth-six-entertainment-company-to-sue-dieter-laser/
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2012/03/30/human-centipede-3-tom-six-sues-dieter-laser
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2013/01/07/human-centipede-3-dieter-laser-tom-six
- ↑ https://twitter.com/tom_six/status/700316297226252288
- ↑ http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3383686/fk-director-human-centipede/
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20160711224046/https://twitter.com/tom_six/status/751812178055991296
- ↑ http://www.screamhorrormag.com/17721-2/