The alternate ending to The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence) was filmed for the home video release of Final Sequence. It was meant to not only serve as an ending to Final Sequence, but to the Human Centipede trilogy as a whole.
Tom Six envisioned The Human Centipede trilogy as a "movie centipede". Each film works as a standalone movie. However, each sequel opens with the ending of the previous film. That ending causes the events of said sequel. All three Centipede films can be connected to form a single 4.5 hour film. The alternate ending of The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence) acts as an ending to entire series.
The alternate ending is identical to the theatrical ending of Final Sequence until Josef Heiter opens his eyes in bed, sometime at night. The events of Final Sequence were just a dream Heiter had after the death of 3Dog, where Heiter dreamed he was Bill Boss. Heiter gets out of bed and contemplates the dream and the idea of a human centipede. The next day, Heiter sits in his car with photographs of 3Dog, just as The Human Centipede (First Sequence) is about to begin.
- The footage of Heiter awaking from the dream is almost identical to a scene of Heiter laying in bed in First Sequence.
- Both Josef Heiter and Bill Boss are played by Dieter Laser.
- By Tom Six's design, First Sequence is responsible for the events of The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence), which is in turn responsible for the events of Final Sequence. The alternate ending implies that Final Sequence is responsible for what happens in First Sequence.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/tom_six/status/622731871978434560
- ↑ https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film-horror/the-human-centipede-3-final-sequence
- ↑ http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/human-centipede-iii-final-sequence-alternate-ending-video
- ↑ https://twitter.com/tom_six/status/695501475045380096
- ↑ http://www.sixentertainmentcompany.com/#!tom-six/cwf8